I wanted to start off by thanking Nerdutlife for the nomination! She runs a really insightful blog covering a range of topics such as Anime, Japanese culture, language and university life. She also just started the 30 Day anime challenge which is really fun to read 😀
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Thank the person who nominated you, link to their blogs
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, link to their blogs
- Let them know you nominated them
- Ask the bloggers 7 new questions
1. What was the first anime you watched?
I probably started watching anime when I was around 5, but I can’t actually remember which one was my ‘first’. In NSW there was an early morning program called ‘Toasted TV’ which showed shows such as Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon, in the afternoon another program showed Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura. So probably one of those.
2. If you were in the Avatar world, would you want to be an earth, fire, water, or air bender?
I’d like to be a water bender, there’s so many bending techniques I’d love to try out such as how much you can heal someone (could you bring someone back from the dead?) and whether you can bend your own blood (Deadman Wonderland style).
3. If you could take one anime cliche and have it become a normal real-life occurrence, what would it be (some examples include my points in “If Anime Were Real Life”)?
I love how everything always happens on the roof in animes – in High School, even though our roofs were flat, we weren’t allowed to go up. I always wanted to sneak up there and take a nap during class (especially Health class!).
4. You have to pick to live in a world of Shojo/Tragedy or Horror/Psychological, which do you choose and why?
I’m leaning more towards Horror/Psychological – it’s really interesting to see how people react when faced with dangerous situations. Also if I was in the Shojo/Tragedy genre I can imagine myself being snubbed in lieu of the protagonist (I feel for Eponine in Les Mis ;_; )
5. Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander?
Definitely Charmander! So cute!
6. Your least favourite TV show or anime?
Well I really used to like it, but now it frustrates me to no end: ‘Downton Abbey’. I’ve found that when the latest season’s stories aren’t trying to shock the audience out of boredom, we just watch a couple of upper class privilege people sitting around drinking tea and gossiping.
7. You can either read manga or watch anime for the rest of your life, which do you choose and why?
I’d definitely choose reading manga for the rest of my life – I tend to read manga more than I watch anime (actually only just got back into watching anime recently) and since there’s more manga than there is anime.
- What motivated you to start blogging?
2. Who’s the most frustrating character you’ve encountered in an anime, TV show or film?
3. If you were a ‘Pokemon’ gym leader – what ‘Pokemon’ type would you specialise in and why?
4. Would you rather face a zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, or robot take over?
5. You’ve got 7 days and a limitless supply of money – where do you go and what do you do?
6. If you could live the life of any real life person or fictional character, for a day, who would it be and why?
7. What can’t you say no to?